The Spokane Canoe and Kayak Club…
Who we are…
The Spokane Canoe and Kayak Club is an organization of individuals who are enthusiastic about human-powered watercraft. Members range from whitewater kayakers and canoeists to racers, recreationalists, campers, sportsmen/women and families with children. Our members paddle open canoes, whitewater canoes, whitewater kayaks, sea kayaks, inflatable kayaks, rafts and sit-on-tops.
What we offer…
• We meet regularly. General Membership meetings are held the fourth Monday of the month, from October through April, at Mountain Gear’s corporate office. Our meetings feature programs of interest to water sport enthusiasts, including slide shows, paddling presentations, and environmental topics.
• We coordinate many flat water, moving water and white water trips. Check the calendar for details on this year’s paddling trips.
• We offer paddling clinics for flatwater canoeing, sea kayaking, and moving water (canoeing and white water kayaking), led by ACA certified instructors. Go to the Instruction page for more information.
• We promote conservation of natural resources, particularly of rivers and lakes.
• We promote wilderness access to ensure access to, and preserve the safety of, local waterways.
• We promote the interests of canoeists, white water kayakers, sea kayakers and other paddle sports enthusiasts.
• We distribute a monthly newsletter.
SCKC is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership. Board meetings are open to the public and are held the first Monday of the month from September through May, at Mountain Gear’s corporate office, unless otherwise indicated.